SAFE provides the following services:
Inspection of Fire Extinguishers
This is normally carried out on an annual basis.
- This covers checking the unit is charged and has the correct placement.
- The safety seal and pin is intact to prevent accidental discharge.
- The unit is correctly charged. Fire Extinguishers are all charged with pressure and can over the period of its life lose pressure. This happens seldomly but is an important part of ensuring the unit is operational.
- Discharge hoses/horns are intact and are in sound condition.
- The vessel is of good condition, corrosion free without any physical damage.
- The signage is correctly displayed and legible.
- Hydrostatic testing (pressure testing) has been carried out if the unit is due. This is done 5 yearly depending on the type of Extinguisher and is mainly for internal inspection and to ensure all parts are of good working order.
Some Extinguishers require a 3 year pressure test but this is only on specialist equipment IE: Wet Chemical or Foam type Extinguishers.
The extinguishing agent is then renewed and the unit is repressurised.
Fire Hose Reels
These are done annually as part of building compliance and also as a requirement from Insurance Companies.
This involves pressurising the hose and ensuring the unit is of good working order. More than often Hose reels can become rusty or leak with age. We want to avoid any damage this could potentially cause and help keep the reels in good condition.
Once the unit has been passed as operational it is signed off and if required the relevant paperwork can be forwarded to the tenant or building manager.
On most sites it is possible for fire equipment to be installed by SAFE. This can ensure correct positioning and accessibility.
We can also fit Extinguishers to many vehicle types.
Please ask if this is something you may like to consider.
We are happy to work with you on this and work around time restraints or business hours.
If you need an Extinguisher for an event or if there has been a discharge for any reason, we can offer a loan unit or replacement any day of the week.
We are only a phone call away…
Feel free to contact us via our contact page if you are not sure of the type of Fire Extinguisher you require as there are different types for different environments .